Tuesday 27 March 2018

Diana Isaac Visit

On the 23rd of March me and 4 other students went on a trip to Diana Isaac. When we arrived we talked to the residents about their history and learnt what it was like in their time. I talked to two people and one of them said that at school they had drills, their drills were a lot different to the drills we have now. Their drills were for the bombs, so they had to run home from school when the sirens went off. When they ran home they would hope that they wouldn't get bombed by the Japanese. The people that lived far away had to run to their friends house or they would stay at school. Back in the day they would live fairly close to the house so they would walk to school. When they told me this I was quite surprised that they could've been bombed on the way home because it isn't very safe. After we shared our stories we went onto blogs, I told them how to set it up and I showed them a few of the blogs that I had already done and they were really impressed. I loved hanging out with the residents at Diana Isaac. I really enjoyed their company and would like to do something like this again with them. For example, the resident's coming over to my school so we can have more fun again.

Have you done something fun with your grandparents or some elderly people that you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exciting journey to the pool!!

It is now coming to the end of the Term and to celebrate. My school went on a trip to Waltham pool. As you may have known it has been rain...